A Pathway for All
Pathways and career education is an integral part of the Avila journey.
Career education encompasses:
– Learning about the world of work, its changing nature, the general expectations of employers, and the demands of the workplace
– Developing self-awareness in relation to interests, abilities, competencies and values
– Being aware and understanding of occupational information and career pathways
– Developing skills in decision-making which can be applied to career choices
– Acquiring the skills necessary to implement the career decisions made. (MCEETYA Career Education Taskforce, 1998)
Wherever possible, the Victorian Careers Curriculum Framework is used to direct activities and curriculum.