Makes the World Go Around
Music is one of the most enriching activities that a young person can engage in and it is an integral component of Avila College’s curriculum and extra-curricular activities. The innovative Year 7 Music Program offers students a choice of instrument so they can discover their own individual rhythm early on, and learn how to be part of an orchestral experience.
Music offers Avila College students the opportunity to:
- Develop the ability to play an instrument or to sing
- Develop self-discipline through consistent practice and preparation for lessons
- Improve neural processing
- Build self-confidence to perform as a soloist and in ensembles and choirs
- Foster a life-long appreciation of music
- Build a sense of community through participation in ensembles and choirs
- Be actively involved in Avila College life through musical performances, Masses and other events where music is required
Music Facilities at Avila College
The Music Department at Avila College is equipped with outstanding facilities. The purpose-built complex comprises two music technology classrooms equipped with computers and keyboards, five practice rooms and a spacious Orchestra Room for rehearsing which also allows tuition on orchestral percussion.
Private Instrumental/Singing Program
Avila’s private instrumental/singing program operates during school hours and is an extension of the classroom based music learning experience offered to all Avila College students from Year 7 to 12.
The private instrumental/singing program offers students:
- the ability to individually pursue their own choice of instrument or learn how to sing
- personalised and customised music learning beyond what is possible in the general classroom
- first-class specialist instrumental and singing teachers, with the expertise of many years of teaching and performing
- the opportunity to be part of the many instrumental ensembles and choirs at Avila College
- preparation for a music career
Private tuition is offered for an extensive variety of instruments as well as singing and theory: Bassoon, Cello, Clarinet, Double Bass, Drum Kit, Flute, French Horn, Guitar, (Acoustic, Electric and Bass) Harp, Oboe, Piano, Piccolo, Recorder, Saxophone, (Alto, Tenor and Baritone) Theory, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuned Percussion, (Xylophone and Timpani) Ukulele, Viola, Violin, Singing.