Continuity of Learning plan
Wednesday 18 March 9.15am
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The following resources are provided for your information. The guiding principles of the Continuity of Learning plan for our community will be enacted if or when a school closure is advised.
At this time, Avila College still does not have a confirmed case of COVID-19 and is operating as usual. However in the interests of keeping our community informed and aware, we thought it prudent to share these resources today.
Thank you to all our staff who are working tirelessly to continue to deliver curriculum at school and develop an online program for the future if required.
Dr Michelle Cotter
1. Avila College Continuity of Learning Plan for the Community
This plan outlines the resources, responsibilities and support available at Avila College to support a blended learning model for students. Download here.
2. Continuity of Music Learning
This plan provides an overview of how the Year 7 music program and instrumental/singing tuition sessions will be delivered under a blended learning model for students.
3. Continuity of Learning | Top 10 Tips for Students
Tips and ideas for students on how to maintain continuity of learning if they are studying remotely. Download here.
4. Continuity of Wellbeing | Top 10 Tips for Students
Tips and ideas for students on how to manage their wellbeing. Download here.
A list of useful community links provided by The Catholic Education Commission of Victoria (CECV).
- How to talk to your children about coronavirus – ABC News article
- Traumatic events, the media and your child – This Emerging Minds fact sheet provides guidance on how to support and reassure children during ongoing media coverage of COVID-19.
- SPECIAL REPORT: Coronavirus – Dr Michael Carr-Gregg developed this video for parents and school staff. Catholic Education Melbourne acknowledges the generosity of SchoolTV in making the report accessible to parents and staff in Catholic school communities.
- the Australian Psychological Society’s advice for maintaining positive mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Beyond Blue’s information about mental health in relation to the coronavirus, facts about anxiety, and other practical advice and resources at www.beyondblue.org.au
- the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Melbourne’s keeping healthy and staying safe video with Infectious Diseases Physician Dr Andrew Daley
- headspace’s information for young people and Tips to maintain a healthy headspace.