Year 7 Parent Transition Evening
We are looking forward to welcoming our 2017 Year 7 parents to the Transition Evening on Thursday 10th November. Parents will learn about life in Year 7 at Avila College from students and staff and have a chance to meet and get to know other parents with girls starting in the new year
Starting secondary school is an exciting, yet sometimes daunting step in a student’s education journey.
Avila College has a number of systems in place to help our new Year 7 students settle in:
- the Avila Experience visit in term three and Year 7 Orientation Day help students become familiar with the school, routines and meet other students.
- Year 10 peer helpers welcome and support Year 7 students on their first day at school
- The Year 7 camp, held in term 1, provides an opprtunity to meet other students in a different environment
- Friendship skills are explicitly taught in the Year 7 Living and Values Program
- The Director of Pastoral Care liaises with grade 6 teachers to gain an understanding of each individual student
At Avila College students also have access to:
- Educational Psychologist
- Learning Support Staff
- Pathways Co-ordinator
- Health Centre
If you would like more information on Avila College’s transition program, or starting Year 7 at Avila College, please contact our Transition Coordinator, Phone: 9831 9600 or Year 7 Coordinator Phone: 9831 9600